Full-Time Position Available
Who we are:
Project One Studio is an art-focused digital design and fabrication studio located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Working at the limitless intersections of art and architecture, we design, fabricate, and install public artwork across the county. Our studio thrives on creative thought, unconventional approach, and attention to detail. Our process is exploratory, open, and constantly changing. We continually investigate new technology and integrate computational software, digital fabrication tools, and handcraft in every project. Our studio is agile in nature, leading to a diverse and multifaceted work experience.
Our culture is intended to provide opportunities to expand creative potential, encourage personal growth, develop self-driven goals, and build on the team’s experience. Exploration, curiosity, and inquisitive thought are primary values we hold as a studio. We are seeking an innovative, self-driven individual that prefers dynamic and thoughtful workflows. Our team is small and agile, consisting of four designers and fabricators, all with different backgrounds. Individuals who want to lead or direct projects, develop their skillsets, and create in a supportive environment are encouraged to apply. Our current period of growth provides an excellent opportunity to join the team and have a real impact on projects.
Who we are looking for:
Project One Studio is currently seeking a creative and dedicated individual to fill a full-time Design position. Candidate is expected to bring a wide range of skillsets and interests as well as a focus on parametric design and digital fabrication. Candidate should show a willingness to be teachable, an ability to learn new skills, and a desire to continually develop skills brought to the position. Candidate should excel at solving complex design problems, be highly organized, and have a focus on craft, details, and material research. Candidate should be able to demonstrate relevant experience in art, architecture, engineering, fabrication, or another design field.
Please send a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and a portfolio highlighting personally completed work that demonstrates relevant skillsets and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call for candidates is open and accepting resumes until the position is filled. The position is full-time with the expectation that work will be completed in the studio. Hourly pay will be commensurate with skills and experience.
– Proficiency in Rhinoceros 3D or equivalent CAD/CAM experience
– Proficiency in Grasshopper or equivalent geometry-based scripting/coding experience
– Understanding of parametric design and real-world implementation
– Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
– Graphic design, rendering, and visualization experience
– Ability to efficiently manage complex tasks within a collaborative environment
– Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
– 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar design environment
– General understanding of CNC fabrication tools and strategies, including router, laser cutter, plasma cutter, 3D printer
– General understanding of basic structural or electrical engineering principles
– General understanding of measurements, conversions, tolerances, materials, and basic manual shop tools and safety procedures
– Ability to work with material suppliers and subcontractors
– Excellence in a specialty area of fabrication (welding, painting, machining, etc.)