Full-Time Position Available
Project One Studio is currently seeking a creative and dedicated individual to fill a full-time position as a Design + Fabrication Assistant. Candidate is expected to bring a wide range of skillsets and interests as well as a focus on parametric design and digital fabrication. Candidate should show a willingness to be teachable, an ability to learn new skills, and a desire to continually develop skills brought to the position. Candidate should excel at solving complex design problems, be highly organized, and have a focus on craft, details, and material research. Candidate should be able to demonstrate relevant experience in art, architecture, engineering, fabrication, or another design field.
Please send a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and a portfolio highlighting personally completed work that demonstrates relevant skillsets and experience to email@example.com. Call for candidates is open and accepting resumes until the position is filled. The position is full-time with the expectation that work will be completed in the studio. Hourly pay will be commensurate with skills and experience.
– Proficiency in Rhinoceros 3D and Grasshopper
– Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
– Understanding of parametric design and real-world implementation
– Ability to efficiently manage complex tasks within a collaborative environment
– Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
– General understanding of CNC fabrication tools and strategies including: router, laser cutter, plasma cutter, 3D printer
– General understanding of measurements, conversions, tolerances, materials, and basic manual shop tools and safety procedures
– Ability to work with material suppliers and subcontractors
– Graphic design, rendering, and visualization experience
– Experience in interactive lighting design + fabrication
– Excellence in a specialty area of fabrication (welding, painting, machining, etc.)